Who is Sugar Love?

I'm a Wife and Mommy in New Hampshire and have always had a passion for food, baking, and entertaining. I'll post some of my recipes here along with pictures of some of the things I've done for parties and events.

I try to live healthy, but love food...not always a good combination. I try to make recipes for some of my favorite things healthier anywhere I can. Some recipes are just meant to be delicious, but I make most of my recipes with less fat if it doesn't compromise too much flavor.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Healthier Bananas Foster Waffles

I love breakfast, but a lot of yummy breakfast foods are not exactly good for you.  They slow you down instead of revving you up for your day.  I like to make breakfast on the weekends for my husband and myself, so here's a healthier breakfast with all the flavor of a naughty one. :) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 Large Eggs
1 3/4 Cups Milk (I use Soy or Almond)
2 Tbsp Dark Rum
2 Large Very Ripe Bananas
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Wheat Flour (You could use all white flour or all wheat flour if you prefer)
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

Directions:
1. Heat your waffle iron to a medium setting

 2. Mix your wet ingredients in a bowl and mash the bananas in
3. Mix your dry ingredients into the bowl
4. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour batter into the waffle iron per your iron's instructions. Mine instructs to put 1/3 cup batter into each section, but every machine is different


5. Let them cook 3-4 minutes or until a nice golden brown




6. You can serve these a number of ways.  I like to serve with walnuts and maple syrup, and you can add fruit as well.
Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment